Hot Stone Therapy:
It uses special black volcanic rocks for this treatment, such as basalt which absorb and retain heat, the stones are placed in specific points of the spine, palms of the hands and between the toes of the feet to open up meridians of energy throughout the body. The stones are then used in combination with the hands to massage which helps to detox, heal and relax the body. Other benefits include, reducing stress, improving circulation and metabolism and boosting the process of healing.
Hot Stone Therapy is more gentle to the body than a traditional deep tissue massage as the stone massage penetrates deeper into the body and induces a state of well-being, soothing, deep relaxation. However gentle it may seem, hot stone therapy is able to reach ten times deeper during the treatment making it more intense than a regular Swedish massage.
The full invigorating body scrub exfoliates skin, removes dead skin cells and increases circulation so skin feels fresher and smoother. The scrub is then followed by the application of a intense creamy body moisturiser leaving the skin to feel refreshed and hydrated.
Indian Head Massage:
It is believed that three of the major energy centres of the human body can be found in and around the head. These are the brow, the crown and the throat. Acting on a physical, mental and subtle level, Indian head massage stimulates these important energy centres, so helping to maintain the important balance of energy within the body, which in turn promotes a sense of well being, positive energy and relaxation.
- Relieves muscle tension and improves mobiity in in the upper body and neck.
- Improves blood circulation around the head and neck area assisting with the exchange of carbon dioxide nutrients and oxygen.
- Improves lymphatic drainage from the head and neck so assisting with the removal of waste and toxins.
- Relaxes the body so improving mental concentration.
- Relieves eyestrain.
- Reduces congestion and a number of sinus related problems.